Photobucket

11.07.2007

kill the headlights and put it in neutral

so im really really tired, so how about we keep this short. I got pizza from Papa Murphys tonight. I'm kind of paranoid about germs alot. I try to not worry about it too much, or I begin to get freaky OCD tendencies- like when I would only eat off certain plates, and bowls, and with certain silverware at MY OWN HOUSE for years. that was wierd of me. So anyway...back to Papa Murphys. I saw the little 16 yr old boys that jointly made my pizza wash their hands before they started making it... But I couldn't help be freaky. While the taller boy took 3 years to spread on the pizza sauce the short boy fondled my pepperonis. I had a hard time with this. What if he holds them too long in his bare hands and his hands start sweating. What if he didn't wash good enough, and I get his hand germs. What if he has fungus under his nails and it drops onto my pepperoni. i just gagged. i know other places i've eaten are grosser and have grosser people so i shouldnt worry about 2 kids and their at LEAST somewhat clean hands... it could be worse. but still- thats what went thru my head, and I thought i'd share.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I sure so miss you! I wish I worried about germs more. Instead, I'm like, Oh pizza. sure. You haven't washed your hands today, but you are going to put lots of fattening goodness on my pizza? Sounds good! Gimme Gimme!

The Foys said...

I have to say I am with you on this one 100%. We have a Carls Jr. by us and you can see where they prepare the food behind this glass wall. This Carls is not very big so this display of food prep is hard to miss, and I really do not like watching them put my order together ( so I never do). I would just rather not see it,or think about it. =) ignorance is bliss in this case. =)

Ali said...

ignorance is bliss...so true!! Even though they wash their hands, shouldn't they still be wearing their clear gloves? I would be nervous too. Have you got your flu shot yet this year??/! I have OCD tendencies as well...so much so that I hardly can enjoy places like Disneyland and other amusement parks. SOOOO many germs. kaka. *as you would say...

BeckyRuss said...

I have major OCD problems like this too. Like the other day I went to this local mexican cafe and the guy handled my dollar bills and change at the cash register and then went right back and used the same glove's on his hands to make my food. He touched everything--the tortilla, the chips--everything. It ate at my soul. I was really grossed out. I swear I make myself sick just thinking I'm eating contaminated food. I have a really hard time with this stuff--so you're not alone girl!

Kaela said...

I am with you. I try not to think about it unfortunately, but I really think gloves should be mandatory. I had a sandwhich made for me by some grubby looking hands once that I couldn't eat, but wasn't brave enough to complain about:(