Photobucket

11.06.2007

FOR shame!

So a girl that Brad works with showed him a 10 second video she had recorded on her phone during Relief Society this past Sunday. She was like, Brad you have to see what we did in RS- you will DIE. They sang 3 hymns at the beginning of Relief Society and for all 3 songs they changed the words and sang the phrase "I am Awesome" over and over. Because "sometimes sisters are too hard on themselves and they need to realize they are awesome" The one she had recorded was to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic. I died. You can see the lady up front leading the music and everything.

Can you believe the sickness!!?!?! Who thought of that?! Who goes ALONG with that!!!? THREE SONGS with all the words changed to I AM AWESOME?!?!? see...this is exactly the reason why missionaries worry about bringing investigators and new members to church.

When i get home tonight- i'll see if i can get the video uploaded so you can all gag.

7 comments:

Lara said...

no.
NO.
NO!!
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

hahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

..the laughter still continues...

Amy D. said...

Sometimes I don't even know what to say. Your blog leaves me speechless....I only wish we had hilariousness like that going on in my ward..but that would never happen since I sit up front. Oh my..that is the best thing I've heard in a long time. Thank you for always supplying me with laughs.

Jen Jen said...

Now people may understand why I find it hard to something sit through relief society.

Shelbi said...

When I hear stuff like this in the church or just outrageous stuff at all...I think to myself...severeal poeple had to ALL think that this was a good idea and go along with it. This kind of stuff isn't one person. Where do these people come from...but I'd say thats probley a funny video to watch! I'll check back- Shelbi

Bethany said...

Whoa! Um...I'm speechless. Crazy! It's hard for me to believe stuff like that really happens. You'll have to work on that video.

BeckyRuss said...

I thought of the same thing after hearing this story--No wonder we were always so worried to bring investigator's to church. This is crazy stuff--That is seriously such an apostate thing they did. Who change's the word's of a church hymn to some self-esteem building activity. I really hope they did not have any non-member's there or they ain't comin' back! Crazy! I really wonder what goes through some people's heads sometimes.

The Foys said...

lol. This is just too funny, I had to comment. Just another reason im glad im in primary! sad you can't get the video up, that would have been great! =)