Photobucket

1.22.2008

side parts break hearts

So I hate the snow, it's no secret. I do have to say though that I was so happy that even with the 7 inches we got yesterday, when I went out to my car last night, there was no snow on it and I wasnt stuck! That was awesomeness. But unfortunately everything is pretty slick today. The road to my work is a residential street and is 25 mph, and I saw this cute little old man just starting down his sidewalk to his mailbox and he was only in my view for like 7 seconds but I saw him slip TWICE in those seconds. It was intense. That icy sidewalk to his mailbox was his Everest, I'm sure. And Im the jerk that didnt think to stop and help him until i was like in my work parking lot. And by that time he'd probably already broken his hip.

Thats sad. So let's all be careful k.

OH! That reminds me of a story. When I was on my mission I was serving in Albany with
Dudley and it was February, so icy and freeeeezing!! And this is not really relevant but while I'm remembering it I need to write it down for my own sake and for Dudley if she reads this. We had just been at an appointment on 2nd street teaching a lady with some CRAZY kids that wouldnt stop being psycho for one second so we could even teach them anything. And we came out of the house and we were just coming to the corner of I think it was Ontario St, maybe Quail and all of a sudden this black guy with no shirt on comes RUNNING RIGHT BY US and a second later here comes 2 cops chasing him. We were like WHAT THE!??! And so we ran to the corner to watch and here we were, 2 Sister Missionaries in skirts and name tags and standing right by us were some older guys, 2 Orthodox Jews with the long beards, hats and ringlets and we 4 just stared and watched them take this guy down. It was hilarious.

So anyway...we went to 3rd street to do some tracting and to nonchalantly meet Mary Kelleys (one of the members of the Albany Branch, and a new convert) non member sister. They have really steep stairs on that street - they are the row houses, that are just tall and narrow and side by side and have the steep steps, yeah those- and the stairs were sooo icy and I slipped coming down one and my lower back NAILED the edge of one of the stairs. DUDE it hurt like nothing else. I think it even knocked the wind out of me I hit so hard. And Dudley was trying not to laugh, and I was like just laugh. so she did. I had THEE GNARLIEST bruise I have ever had in my life!! It went from one side of my lower back to the other. It was gross. But funny at the same time.

anyway- that was totally a story just for me- you dont have to had enjoyed that- it was just fun to go down memory lane there for a mome.

Moral of the Story: Do not fall down on the ice or on stairs or anywhere else k.

3 comments:

Lara said...

You should feel really bad about putting my life at risk. All these comments I've typed as I'm sitting in the bathtub full of water that could shock the life out of me. So stop writing posts that require me to say something in response. I like living.

Kar said...

I so wish I could see a shirtless man run by me with the popo's in hot pursuit. Awesome.

ANDREA said...

yeah it was pretty cool cuz they had some other cops run around the block from the other direction so when the 'fugitive' came around the corner there was cops coming at him from both directions. so really he had nowhere to run. and they tackled him on the ground and it was soo snowy and icy- so his chest probably froze off.

and larsy stice- sorry that my posts are so enticing and amazing that you'd feel it necessary to put your life in deaths reach