Photobucket

1.30.2008

saucy

just wondering what i thought i was doing when i parked on solid ice this morning. i got out of the car, slipped and fell right over onto my side. I totally SLAMMED my shoulder onto the ice, got my pants alll muddy and my water bottle that was once in my hand, ended up under the car next to mine.

While i was alreay down there, stunned, embarrassed and in pain- i slid over on my stomach and got my water bottle. Then I tried to stand back up- slipped AGAIN and landed on my knees and scraped the palms of my hands. I thought for a moment that i should just lay there until the ice melts away in a couple months, because I didn't know how i was going to get off that ice except for army crawling and probably ripping my coat, shirt or pants. But I finally made it off the iceberg.

dont worry- im ok.

and i do have to say i feel bad now- because when my husband told me a couple weeks ago that when he got out of his 4 Runner at work that he fell right onto his knees, I couldn't stop laughing. And when I told him that I fell he was so sweet and concerned.

so dont i feel like a jerk. But HEY! Thats just my NATURE to laugh when people fall.

DONT JUDGE ME!

12 comments:

Ali said...

I just had a mental picture of you laying there and waiting for the ice to melt---too funny. A second fall though! I can see how you felt that way! email me (Gracie_333@yahoo.com) so I can get your email and send you a blog invite...

BeckyRuss said...

I swear you're always falling--whether it be down some stairs or on ice--you always bust your body apart by slipping on something. You need to be careful girl! I have to admit--I laughed really hard reading about you falling--like you, I can't help but bust a gut when I hear of someone totally biffing it.

Kar said...

Hahaha. Oh how the tables have turned. Were you on your way to work? Did you have to go home and change?

ANDREA said...

I was on my way to work- and No I didnt go change. I just spent the first 15 mins of work in the bathroom with wet paper towels wiping off my pants. i might have asked to go home and change but that would mean I had to go BACK on the ice to get in my car. that wasnt ABOUT to happen!!

Kaela said...

Ouch:( Brings back many a Rexburg memories for me. Good luck with all the snow up there. Feel free to come down to St. George for a visit:)

Merri Hackett said...

Sorry about all the slips and falls, but I'm not sorry I found your blog! It's fun to find old friends! Hopefully you remember us! :) Of course you do, how could you forget us. Our blog is hackettfam.blogspot.com

Lara said...

The first thing I thought when reading this was: Aaaawwwwwwww!!!!! I wish I was there to laugh at her!

ANDREA said...

MERRI!!! of COURSE i remember you- how dare you even question! :) im coming to your blow aSaP

Lara- of COURSE you'd say that..you little twirp. jk- i would encourage you to laugh. cuz i would do the same (well if you were carrying jax i would not laugh) otherwise, yes- i'd be crackin up

Merri Hackett said...

ha ha ha I'm glad a tear came to your eye when you thought of me. I also love your blog title for all you hosers! ha ha

Jarubla said...

Army crawl...classic!

You totally just made my day.

-Jay

Anonymous said...

That same thing happen to me in college. I was making fun of my boyfriend for falling and then when I did he was so cute and picked me up and brushed me off. Man! Did I feel bad or what! Good Luck today after a weekend of crappy snow!

Anonymous said...

That same thing happen to me in college. I was making fun of my boyfriend for falling and then when I did he was so cute and picked me up and brushed me off. Man! Did I feel bad or what! Good Luck today after a weekend of crappy snow!