Photobucket

1.18.2008

..and knowing is half the battle..

So I have really realized through reading my "The Office" calendar quote each day, how much the lessons learned in The Office apply to my everyday life. And I would like to bear my testimony about it.

On January 9th I was having a hella bad day (that is soooo 2001, i know) and I nearly MURDERED my job...and lo and behold the quote for the day was as follows:
"Right now this is just a job. If I advance any higher...that would make this my career. And if this were my career, I would have to throw myself in front of a train. So, really, it's a matter of life and death."

I stuck a push pin in that quote and its hanging in my cubicle.

The other day I was thinking some things they are asking us to do at work were absurd and the quote was from Ryan saying how ridiculous them having a bird funeral was.

Today I just read on my friends blog about how bad the healthcare field is, and the quote for the day is about how Dwight doesnt need insurance because he has superior genes and superior brain power.

HOW DO YOU KEEP KNOWING WHAT I'M GOING THRU, THE OFFICE??? It just does, and its miraculous. And I love it. A+.

3 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

Your Little Office Calendar of Empathy. I love it. So funny.

Kar said...

Bear your testimony? Haha. It's true, the office touches and relates to people in so many ways. I feel bad for the people who aren't regular watchers. My friend used to work with someone from Scranton(!) and she had never heard of the office, and this was just a few months ago! Tis a shame.

Kaela said...

I have to say, your office quotes and personal office experiences have helped me get through 'The Office' drought on nbc. I miss the new episodes:( I hate the writers strike! Will you write for them, please? I know you could do it.