Photobucket

1.16.2008

Just when you thought it couldnt get any wierder...

I was sitting in the breakroom today eating lunch, and there were 3 girls sitting right by me at the table and they were all talking together and UNFORTUNATELY I couldn't help but hear their entire conversation. The one girl was pregnant and has a 16 month old and she was telling the other 2 that her 16 month old is, and i quote "having a hard time making a poop". And one of the ladies that obviously knows the pregnant girl ALLLL too well said- "Well we know YOU don't have a problem with that." Pregnant girl, "Well I don't have a problem with that NOW - And my husband...oh man he goes like 3 times a DAY and I'm like what is UP WITH YOU!!" and then she cut herself off and said "oh i guess people are trying to eat. My husband always tells me I talk about inappropriate stuff at the dinner table, and now I see what he's talking about. "

UM DO YA THINK?!?!?!!? I put down my fork....threw my food away..and went back to work.

6 comments:

Jen Jen said...

sick!! nothing curbs those hunger pains like talking about poop.....

Ali said...

It's a good thing you don't work here! We always talk about our "code-browns" during lunch...especially if it was a really bad one. We're a hospital though and a little desensitized. I guess it's to be expected here. Still, sometimes we try and remind ourselves to be a little more polite. It does for sure make lunch more enjoyable.

Lara said...

sickish

Jarubla said...

Ahh scatalogical conversations...so fun. Especially when eating at lunch. Poop and food. It's a juxtaposition of the birth and death of food.

OK, I will stop.

Next time this happens, try to think about being somewhere else. Like you're on the beach in Tahiti. White sand, no one around, just three seagulls. That conversation you are hearing is just three seagulls clacking their beaks and screeching. You are having a nice lil lunch, getting a tan, enjoying the sea breeze. Or... you could just put on your headphones and listen to Black Eyed Peas to tune them out. Just don't get all dance happy, you'll spill your lunch all over yourself. Wait a sec...do that and post about it...k?

-Jay

ANDREA said...

ya know- if it were the right people that i knew and was comfotable with- maybe that conversation wouldnt have been so gross. but when im eating in a breakroom that grosses me out to begin with, and its people i dont know and think are wierd just by looking at them- thats when that conversation just doesnt sit well with me, while eating.

ANDREA said...

ya know- if it were the right people that i knew and was comfotable with- maybe that conversation wouldnt have been so gross. but when im eating in a breakroom that grosses me out to begin with, and its people i dont know and think are wierd just by looking at them- thats when that conversation just doesnt sit well with me, while eating.