Photobucket

1.02.2008

dance hall drug

On Saturday the 29th Brad and I were in Salt Lake waiting to pick our friend Mike D from the airport. His plane got delayed for 3 hrs so we went to see National Treasure 2 in West Valley. What were thinking....GHETTTTTO!!!! Not the movie, the theater/area. I feared for my life. Guaranteed 76% of the people at the movies that night were carrying weapons. So anywho- the movie got out at like 10:15 and we didn't need to be to the airport for almost 2 more hours. Well it just so happened that Juno was playing in the theater next to ours and it had JUST started. If there was ever a good time to sneak into a movie- it was now. Noone was around, we had the time to watch another one, it was one we wanted to see, and it wasn't even close to sold out so there were plenty of seats. So we nonchalantly walked into the movie- like thiefs in the night. I didn't even make it far enough up the little hallway to see the screen, I couldn't do it!!!! I felt so dishonest and quite frankly was afraid of being caught by some smart little teenager in a maroon polyester vest, pleated pants, and a flashlight. So we didn't go. Brad couldn't believe my pansiness, and I couldn't believe MY HUSBAND- Mr Never Breaks the Rules- wanted to SNEAK into a movie. And not even that- he didnt see what the big deal was. We have started taking a poll to see who would and would not sneak into a movie. Brads family would,my 2 brother in laws would, but my siblings would not. (2 of them HAVE once done so, one felt guilty, the other didn't really feel bad but still said its technically stealing.) One of our friend couples- the husband would, the wife would not. Another couple the husband would not, the wife would.

What would YOU do??? And trust me- You will not be looked down upon if you sneak into movies. (Although it is sneaky, stealing and dishonest) We have had a good laugh over this all- and want to see what everyone else thinks. So please leave your comment. Also Brad has an actual poll taker on his blog if you would like. Click here to vote.

11 comments:

Brandi Schall said...

I think I have sneaked into a movie before. I wouldn't do it now, though. But the price of tickets is basically rape so maybe I would...That's a toughie.

BTW I TOTALLY want to see Juno, like a lot.

ANDREA said...

It's true- I think thats the only thing that would almost justify sneaking into a movie for me- is the fact the tickets cost so dang much- it was 19$ for us to go to that movie! What's up with that- since when am I ok with paying 20 dollars to be in a place where I'm just waiting for a hostage situation to take place, or for someone to open fire on all of us?!!?

Kar said...

Ooh, I never voluntarily go to West Valley. Might as well go to Compton. As for sneaking. I. could. never. Not that I think it's wrong, those ticket prices are insane, but like you, I'm terrified of those sneaky little teens in the maroon vests and flashlights. Juno was good though. I saw it again the other day.

Kaela said...

I don't think I could do it, but I DO think the movies are way to expensive. I have justified getting free music off the internet because I think it is too expensive though, so I am probably just as guilty of theft:(

Jarubla said...

I snuck into Dances With Wolves...I was like 12. And it was the sex scene.

-Jay

Kim said...

I must confess that I am a past (recovering) sneaker...My hubby will not sneak..but if the movie isn't sold out and you are not taking someone else's seat then I feel justified in doing so from time to time.

Kim said...

Scott says he would never do it and no matter how you justify it, it would be stealing.

Ali said...

This is hilarious. Jeff's family has a funny story about it- I think one time the family wanted to switch movies, and they were all trying to convince their Dad it was OK, so he went up and asked the kid in the maroon vest if it was OK to sneak in, and embarrassed them all. I don't think I could do it either, but then again we hardly go to movies anymore cause they're just too darn expensive. It's all red-box at Smith's anymore!

Jen Jen said...

lol! I am the same as you! I would feel so guilty that I could never do it. Rob, however, would and has done it...but not since he married me! haha

ANDREA said...

ali- agreed- redbox rocks my world.

Jen- I'm kind of shocked- I would have though you would be all about that. hmmm...

AMY LEVATAU said...

once again, you stole the title from BLG. its ok, i like it.