Photobucket

1.02.2008

Can you believe its 2008 already??? I don't know if I can. I swear on everything good and holy that the years are flying by faster each year. I figure that when I'm 40 the years will only consist of 1 month. And that will just be bizarre. How am I already 26 1/2. I knows its because 26 1/2 years have passed since my birth. But I just don't comprehend that. My life is like going so fast without me, I'm a good 3 years behind. I'm just learning and deciding to do things I should have known and done and decided 3 years ago. Am I too old to get skinny and learn how to break dance and play the drums. I hope not. Cuz I really want to. Okay enough about how I regret that I've been stupid and boring for the past few years.

For New Years Brad and I went to moms. She cute and funny. We enjoy visiting her in her new little house that is so cute and perfect and cozy. It's just a different pace up there, we just relax and play games and watch movies. It's nice and so quiet and pretty.

All my life on New Year's Eve we put out one of our shoes just in the living room and in the morning we would have little unwrapped gifts from the New Years Elf. I LOVE this tradition. It's never anything big- just something random and fun. Like a candybar and some new pens. Or a yo yo and silly string..something like that. Well this year the New Years Elf brought me,mom, Brad and my brother Ammon these little stuffed animal things that have a little pouch that you put this thing in that vibrates- so its a little massage toy. Its really funny looking, but actually works pretty good. My mom, I mean the New Years Elf, bought them at Kings- its this little store that I think is only in Preston and Logan, maybe theres one in Pocatello too- who knows. I haven't been to Kings in DECADES!! Anyway, The best part of the whole gift is we opened the boxes up and there was a coupon inside that said that if you wanted to enter some contest to send this coupon in by June 1998!! These wierd little Snuggle Buddies had been stored in the backroom at Kings since '97!!!!!! HA! My mom was like- oh no wonder they were only $3. we had a good laugh.

I remember one New Years, the elf brought my brother Aaron one of those paddles that has an elastic and a ball attached- you know what i'm talking about, and all I got was some new underwear! I was probably 10 and i was so upset. And I remember my mom calling me an ungrateful little snot. Sad. Still brings a tear to my eye. Okay not really- I just feel bad I complained about a GIFT! I was a lame child. Sorry mother. I'm sure the underwear lasted far beyond the 3 mins that paddle ball game lasted.

5 comments:

Kar said...

That 1998 thing is probably the best thing I've ever heard. Followed by your underwear woes. Definitely brightened my day.

Kaela said...

I love this idea! Great stories too! I'm going to try to remember this for next year:) Did you really believe it was an elf when you were little... like you believed in Santa?

ANDREA said...

I'm trying to remember- I dont think we did believe it was an elf- I believed in Santa until 6th grade- but I have no recollection of believing in the New Years Elf- so I dont think we thought it was real.

AMY LEVATAU said...

the new years elf! ah i forgot all about that!! ..and not to diss on mom or anything, but i always remember feeling like i got the suckiest gift in my shoe of everyone...i, like you, was an ungrateful child.

Anonymous said...

Ok. New Year's Elf here. Yes, I have some ungrateful children. What did you expect? We had just had Christmas???? I thought they were great gifts.