Photobucket

4.17.2008

so yum

So I am so going through a Muddy Buddy phase in my life right now. Call it hormones and call me crazy- but I could just eat these things all day. But luckily I haven't been. PHEEEW!

but i did make some on Tuesday and they were soo good. but I was so mad because I had the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter all melted and ready to pour over the cereal- and read on the recipe 9 Cups Corn or Rice Chex. I had bought LIFE, NOT CHEX! So i ran to the store faster than ever before and all was well.

But I thought I might just share the recipe so you all can partake.

9 Cups Corn or Rice Chex ( i prefer the corn, but whatever)
1 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar

Will also need:
Wax Paper
1 Gallon freezer bag

Melt Chocolate Chips, Peanut Butter and Butter in bowl in microwave for 1 minute. Stir and heat for 30 more seconds. You just want to get it melted - You can do another 30 seconds if needed. Remove from microwave and add Vanilla. Pour mixture over Cereal and make sure all the cereal gets coated with the chocolate mixture. Put cereal in 1 Gallon Ziplock Bag, pour in Powdered Sugar and mix. Spread out on Wax Paper until cool. (I think cooling them is an important step or they could get soggyish). and then......

Enjoy

9 comments:

Jarubla said...

Mmmmm...muddy buddies...

Take them to parties and you'll never have leftovers. Try that with a relish tray and you will be stuck eating carrots and old cauliflower for a week.

-Jay

The Foys said...

Yummm...That sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!! =)

Kar said...

I made a batch of these last week. Except I use milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. P.S. I called them muddy buddies and my roommate didn't know what I was talking about, she calls it puppy chow, which just sounds disgusting to me.

ANDREA said...

puppy chow? kaka- i dont want to eat something named that. might as well call it dog doo doo. I dont really LOVE the name muddy buddies either- but its better than that! maybe I'll start calling them...'little drops of joy from heaven that taste really really really delicious and are addicting and you need to make sure you have a paper towel and some liquids nearby when eating them.' Lets just use acronyms-
LDOJFHTTRRRDAAAAYNTMSYHAPTASLNWET.

that works right. "hey im going to make a batch of LDOJFHTTRRRDAAAAYNTMSYHAPTASLNWET, wanna come over" perrrrfect.

Kaela said...

Hahaha- love the new name Andrea. I LOVE chex LDOJFHTTRRRDAAAAYNTMSYHAPTASLNWET. The best chex recipe ever!!!

Foy said...

I love that stuff. My mom use to make it for us all the time when we were kids. I would just carry the big ol' freezer bag around the neighborhood =)

Stewart Family said...

Andrea-
I am so glad you found our blog. I can't believe it. You will have to email me and tell me everything that has gone on in the last 8 years!!! Yuck, I can't believe it has been that long.
rikkistewart@hotmail.com
p.s. I will email Ashlee and have her email you!!!

AMY LEVATAU said...

mmm, these are sounding delish right now...if only i had some rice chex..and if only it wasn't sunday. maybe tomorrow. :)

Anneke said...

yum and I'm on an 'indoor s'more' kick... ate so many today it made me sick. You know the kind with Golden Grahams, choc chips, marshmallows, etc.? Yummers! I better stay away from the "buddies" for awhile.