Photobucket

4.14.2008

does anyone mind if i kill myself

I sometimes wonder how the heck I work where I work. Some of the people in this place are so crazy. The other day I walked by the breakroom, walked 2 steps past the doorway stopped, paused, and reversed. Because I just HAD to make sure I had seen/heard correctly. The room was full of people eating lunch and there was a kid with his back turned to everyone, staring out the windows, playing a guitar. Wha? huh? wha? I think it's great he plays the guitar..in fact I wish i knew how to play the guitar (well not to brag, but I DO know Im leaving on a Jetplane....and When You Say Nothin at All - but I think everyone that went to Ricks College learned those 2 songs on the guitar). But I just thought it was strange that he A) Brought his guitar to work B)thought it would be a good idea to serenade everyone with his back facing them while they ate lunch and C)i dont know..but it's just strange.

We also have a Laaarge man that has a shaved head EXCEPT for the top part of his head. He keeps that part long and fashioned in a pony tail. So youve got the ponytail and full head of hair for the top 1/4 of his head, and the bottom 3/4 is military style. Well he sports around an oxygen tank all day cuz he clearly can't breathe right. But what makes me a little baffled is that I see him outside with his oxygen tank by his side (oxygen face mask off) smoking a cigarette. That's like a double whammy right??..or am IIIIII the crazy one??? I googled 'white trash hair styles', and shockingly enough this picture WASNT the first picture to come up. I was just SURE that's what he must have told his 'stylist' he wanted. "I want a #2 on the sides and alllll white trash up top please." But anyway- this is the closest thing to his hair style I could find- but he just has more shaved and less 'pony'.




There is also this old woman...watch she's probably like 37...and she just LOOKS like she lived to be 103, and has now been dead for 12 years (because of all the smoking). She is entirely short and round and is always waddling to the bathroom or is outside on the bench with one stubby leg up, smoking. One day I was leaving work and stopped outside to talk to a friend and she was of course out smoking and apparently had to waddle back inside to use the bathroom- and as she "walked" away (and I use that term loosely) ..she said, "if my ride comes, tell them i'll be back." what?! I have seen this lady AROUND, but I don't KNOW her. She just works in the bldg. I don't know who her ride is, and I'm sure as heck not sticking around to see the death that is picking her up!!

She always uses the handicap stall and she stands there and shakes the door if someone is using the stall. Its so strange.

I could go on about some of the other people that I see on a regular basis. But I'm getting depressed thinking about all the wierdos, so I'll end. Sometimes its entertaining, but most times it's just crumby. really crumby.

PS... As to not make you think Im TOTALLY heartless...yes sometimes I do feel bad for talking about these kinds of people. I should be nicer. But sometimes it just really bothers me that they are so WIERD!

PPS...And please don't MAKE me tell you about some of the things I've seen, heard, and smelled in those fungus bathrooms to justify my bitterness. Just trust me on this one k.

8 comments:

Brad Frandsen said...

Please dont kill yourself over those weirdos!

Kar said...

There is so much about this post that I love. But I think my favorite part is the old lady who shakes the door of the handicap stall. Hahaha. I'm trying not to laugh out loud in my office right now.

Lara said...

i mind.

Jen Jen said...

i mind too!! But I was seriously laughing out loud reading your post. Can you please get some pictures? I NEED to see these guys. so carry around a camera....okthanks.

Kaela said...

"First we acknowledge, then we accept, then we embrace." Haha- maybe that's a little deep. That's a quote from my mom & dad from someone else cool:) Get out of there before you become one. On second thought I would like listening to you on the guitar at lunch time!

Brooke and Aaron said...

You are hilarious. Brad's right, don't kill yourself over it! I bet blogging about it helps you vent, so keep it coming! Tell Brad we said "hi". By the way, have you ever watched The Office? I bet it's similar to the shinanigans at your work. Maybe watching that show can relieve your work woes, somehow,..I don't know. I was trying to help, but I'll shut my mouth now.

Jarubla said...

I thought of fatty-bathroom-door-shaker today when I used the loo. So glad I am a guy. I just pray she doesn't have an emergency and bolt for the mens room when the ladies is closed for cleaning. Just my luck I would be in the handicap stall. And I'd have his hairy, heavy breathing, squeeze under the door and shove me out woman rattling the handle. Ugg. Nightmares tonight...

Also, in regards to the hair comment in your post, what about the dude w/ the shaved head and the nasty rat tail ponytail? His hairstyle makes me wanna attack him with a pair of clippers every time I walk past. A drive-by barbering. We'd flash gang signs and leave graffiti on his shirt.

You know who I am talking about. Big dude, can't miss him. Sits by the front door. Talks reeeaaaaaaally loud. Name starts with Steve.

-Jay

ANDREA said...

jay ruby- i had FULL intentions to talk about steve in this post...but got too overwhelmed. ive been trying to get a good picture on my camera phone so that I can post it. but its too hard when im trying to be discreet. i dont know what to do and i think i spelled discreet wrong, right? discrete discreet diskreeeteeiet?? i dont know