Photobucket

4.16.2008

Post #144- Beef Frequently

So no way. I went to Mutual tonight- do they still call it mutual? Or is it Young Mens/Young Womens? I should know this- but I feel its not that big of a deal. Anyway. There were like 15 young men and 3 or 4 young mens leaders - and 3 girls, and 4 of us woman leaders- and yes that is the technical name of my calling- woman leader. So it was a combined YM YW tonight- we played dodgeball. I was quite skeptical at first- what with me being all out of shape, not a good aim, being dressed up, having on glasses and a major fear of getting hit in the head. But when it came to go time..... holy cow- I kept TRYING to calm down and NOT be so into it- but I couldn't help it!!! Just when I would tell myself to take it down a notch, a teammate would nail someone in the head with a big red ball and I'd be screaming and high fiving all OVER the place!!!! It was just too fun!

If you got out you had to go answer a question from General Conference and then you could go back in. It was great because they ran out of questions and starting asking Articles of Faith- get out of my way is all I have to say about that!! I can say all 13 of them in like 60 seconds. So I was out IN out IN out IN that fast!

So anyway we played for an hour straight. my arm. is SO dead. I could only ever get this one kid out- cuz he would always stand up close to our side and was NEVER paying attention. It was rad. k maybe it WAS a cheap shot. but hey- NOT MY FAULT!! go stand back against the wall if you dont want to run the risk of having Dodgeball Frandsen all over you k!!!

Low Points of the night
- Coming straight from work and being dressed up and getting all sorts of sweaty. sliding on my own pants that were dragging on the ground and falling sooo hard on my tailbone. feeling so old because after throwing the ball 2 times my arm felt like it might fall off. and almost falling...again- get a grip right?!

High Points - well not getting hit in the head like this one kid was nice. Every time he came back in from getting out he kept getting hit in the head, or close to. poor guy. It knocked his glasses off and i think he might have cried. I felt bad...and feared for my own head. 2nd High point- Having one of the young men put on some fingerless gloves so he could get a better grip on the ball, and being totally for real about it....sweeet.

So now that I've lost the respect of my fellow woman leaders (and all of you i'm SURE) from being so rowdy at mutual, and now that my arm is about to be sore for the rest of eternity, and finally now that I've used up this week's quota of exclamation points and capital letters- im going to bed!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea,

I am the beehive advisor and that activity sounds like so much fun. I can't help thinking that I would be like you and be iffy about it at first and then totally be into and embarass myself full force. That is such a great dodgeball story and now I want to see if I can somehow sneak it into our activities. oh... and we have "ultimate fight night" coming up... I guess it is a HUGE jello and pudding fight... ummm... not to excited about that one. I think it sounds gross and can't fathom having green jello in my hair... YUCK!! I'll tell you how it goes!

Lara said...

I also fear that I was a little too much as a YW leader. I wasn't as proper as needed be, and I didn't hold back.. maybe that's why I was ganged up on and pounded on so many times by the YM and YW. Just watch out for any activity that includes eggs. You will pay for all the dodgeball poundage that you did. Believe you me.

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kar said...

Ah, Dodgeball wipes me out in like the first 4 seconds. I always get out. I would have been all over that kid who wasn't paying attention too.

AMY LEVATAU said...

i want your calling! how fun would that be? and i bet all the ym and yw think youre the bomb-dizzle for getting so into it! seriously, just think about it...if i had a leader like you when i was a woman of youth i'd be stoked!