Photobucket

8.26.2008

fat burning machine

So we all know im a little on the fat side. (if 'a little' means totally and completely the fattest thing there ever was) I really have tried to do better at exercising and eating a little better these past few weeks(I say this as im thinking I need to go brush my teeth after eating those utterly greasy pieces of chicken alfredo thick crust pizza from Nicoletti's...HEY I said i've TRIED to eat a LITTLE better..now shut up.) So I was like totally on a roll for approximately 9 days- I was doing awesome. I was eating less, and what I did eat was better for me than usual. I was going to Power Pump class every other day, I was walking at least 2.5 extra miles a day...i was doing awesome. One day I even ran for about .3 miles. I was so proud. Although, I did run further than I wanted to- because I was left with no choice when there were some people standing out by their car smoking. like i could be THAT person that acts like "oh im out jogging, i do this often (although i look so the opposite of a jogger)" and then stops jogging. I couldnt do it...i couldnt let them see my stop jogging. So i kept jogging until I felt they couldn't see me anymore, THEN i stopped. I only felt like my lungs were going to collapse for like another 2 hrs...no biggie. and i only had whispy asthma breathing for the rest of the night. double no biggie.

So because I had jogged/trotted/nearly keeled over and died/ for that .3 of a mile I felt totally justified in watching the marathon race in the Olympics a couple days later, and feeling like I knew and understood the intense pain those runners were in. Which led me to feel even more justified in telling Brad that I had just decided that I was going to be in the 2016 Olympics, running the marathon. (I wont mention the fact that he said, "alright, well maybe in the special olympics"... because that was just rude, and dream crushing)

I really did have my heart set on the fact that I was going to run everyday for the next 8 years and train my guts out so that I could run in the marathon. And so Brad could say- see there, thats my wife. she used to be so fat- and now look at her....she's running in the Olympics(the regular kind, but no offense WHATSOEVER to the special olympics). He wouldve been so proud. but unfortunately I lost motivation about 1.6 days later and haven't worked out since. But hey- I've still lost 6.5 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks so IN YO FACE!

i really am going to do better. you just wait. only 93.5 lbs to go!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Story of my life for reals! :) Good Luck.

Sun said...

I've been exercising religiously for over a month and all I have to show for it is 12 extra pounds and now my love handles are lopsided. So congrats on the 6 1/2 lbs...I hate you! (I'm totally joking about the hating)

AMY LEVATAU said...

good job losing 6 pounds im totally jealous. i need to do better too..it would be totally nice if you guys lived down the street so we could work out and motivate each other..you guys should check out houses HERE! i double dog dare you..

ANDREA said...

you can say you hate me sundee- i know youre joking. and i think thats absolutely HILARIOUS that you said your love handles are lopsided now!!! i love it.

and amy- yeah right. you could BUY me a house and I still dont think we'd move down there. no desire. none. but i still love you!

Ty Lyman said...

Well, I'm totally understanding the running thing. I don't think I've ran anywhere my entire life. I can't ever get past that stupid stitch you get in your side. I'll take my 9 zingers a day over running anytime. If it makes feel any better I've been on a diet for 2 weeks and I've already lost 14 days. LOL I love your honesty.

Lara said...

I LOVE THAT WE ARE THE SAME HUMAN IN DIFFERENT BODIES! I related to that post 100% because I CANNOT stop running if there's people watching or cars going by. The second the coast is clear I'm stopping, heaving, and throwing up on someone's rosebushes.
And I PROMISE you that last night I was thinking how sweet and amazing it would be if I could make it to the next olympics for ANYTHING, volleyball, discus, fencing, running.... Lets be Olympians together.

Unknown said...

The cramping and wrenching are my fault for tempting you with the chicken alfredo pizza. Oh I feel terrible as you have been working out and being good at what you eat. I shall go lock myself in the file room now, knock three times when it is safe for me to come out.

Wakefield Family said...

Yeah I had that same thought of running in a marathon yep that lasted 2 seconds I want the body but not have to work at it. Do you think there is anything out there that can help?

Kaitlyn said...

wow smange, nicely done! It's good to see you back in the blog world I was getting a little worried! great job working hard for this

Chelsie said...

Carson really enjoyed this post. He said that he would love to help you train for the marathon. Good Job at the weight loss though. I think it is really hard to get into a habit of living healthy.

Joyce said...

You are awesome and inspiring. Love you!

..toni.. said...

andrea..do you know how much I miss our "prestondrug" days when I read your blog. YOu are one of my favorite people and even though I haven't seen you in what? about 9 years or so, you still make me laugh. I don't care what you say, i think you are one of the most beautiful, sincere and thoughtful people I will ever know. So there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on losing the 6.5!! Any progress is still progress! Just make sure you don't gain that back and you'll be set! :)

Anneke said...

I'm laughing at Brad saying "well maybe the Special Olympics" cause, c'mon - that's funny. And rude and no offense to the special olympics cause I think they're awesome and I even helped with them once when I lived in Provo and it was seriously so fun.

But I'm not laughing at you losing 6.5 pounds, I'm cheering! Good job but don't quit now. Go for the GOLD! I have NO desire to run a marathon but I think it would be super cool to do it... maybe when I'm not so tired.

Brooke and BJ said...

Yeah, I decided that I wanted to run a marathon too (not in the Olympics though). But I think you've already run farther than I have and I decided this more than a year ago. Hmmmm, maybe we should train together hee!

Foy said...

Ok so that just made me laugh so hard. You are super funny. You probably don't even remember me we only met one time. But jeeze you blog makes e laugh like crazy. thanks! Oh its nikki by the way =)