Photobucket

6.26.2008

The mother of all cookies...i promise you this!


So I got this recipe off my fabulous friend Kaela's blog today..and we had a ward party tonight...so I thought I'd whip up a batch. THANK HEAVENS THAT I HALVED THE BATCH! I used our kitchen aid and it was totally overflowing!!! But I can't even tell you how amazingly delicious they are. The dough was delish and then the cookies baked were even more phenomenal. I am in love. You all need to make them...and honestly- if you do not have a ginormous bowl...then half the recipe. Thank you Kaela for sharing!!

Monster Cookies

1 doz. eggs
2 lb. brown sugar
4 c. sugar
1 lb. butter
16 c. oatmeal (must be old fashioned rolled oats)
3 lb. peanut butter
1 lb. plain M & M's
1 lb. chocolate chips
8 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. vanilla

Cream eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter, peanut butter, soda and other ingredients. Mix in very large dish pan. Drop by ice cream scoop on to cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.

This recipe makes a HUGE batch. Get out your biggest mixing bowl and get ready to do some major mixing. This recipe can be halved easily. Whatever you don't use, can be freezed easily!

P. to the S. I forgot to buy M&Ms so I just added more choc chips..which was okay for me anyway, since I've never really loved M&M's in cookie. But do what you will.

P.P.S- So I decided to add a picture of the cookie dough (cuz don't you worry...i just made some more this morning. whatever) but the picture is after I'd mixed in the oatmeal and chocolate chips a little bit..so it had settled a smidge.


6 comments:

Anneke said...

will you just make me some and bring them over? thanks.

Kar said...

Those sound delicious. I will probably half the half of the recipe. That is a ton!

Joyce said...

16 cups of oatmeal??????? Wow. But they sound good. Since I'm monster size, maybe I'll make monster cookies. But if you make some for Anneke, share with me too. Ok?

Joyce said...

Ok. I made some and they ARE good. Too good. I've eaten too many. But I shared with a couple of other families. I halved the batch, but next time I'm going to 1/4 it. Unless I need to have a lot for some reason. I used the little mini baking m&ms instead of the big ones. Big M&Ms aren't my favorite in cookies, but the little tiny ones are still good and colorful.

ANDREA said...

oh im so glad you made them madre!! and great idea with the little m&ms!! I dont like regular m&ms in cookies- like i already said. but i think the mini ones might just be perfection.

Kaela said...

Yay!! I am so glad you tried them and like them! It really doesn't get much better for me than sharing my joy and love for yummy baked goods:) Thanks for trying them!!!