Photobucket

2.15.2008

my feelings show

I can't believe that my little sister is married! WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS ANYWAY?!?! It's just crazy to think we are all getting so old. Oh well- not much we can do about that right? Right. But we had so much fun in Arizona for the wedding. My mom and I flew down Wednesday night and ran a bunch of errands on Thursday to make sure Amy was all ready and then did the same thing again Friday. Friday night there was a dance- Sam is Tongan so they always have a big dance the night before the wedding. It was really fun! And they had different performances and they go and put money on the dancers and the money goes to the bride and groom. So that was really cool. Then Saturday was soo gorgeous and fun! It was like 76 degrees- are you kidding?! it was so rad. After the wedding there was a dinner with more performers, so more money for Amy and Sam. It was awesome- Sams family did SO much for this dinner. His mom made like 50 quilts in the past 3 months and they give them away at the dinner. Its the whole Tongan culture- too much to explain right now- but its really cool. And all the woman stayed up for like 2 days before the wedding finishing quilts and cooking for the dinner. I dont know how they did it. But anyway- it was awesome. Here are just a couple pics - the first one is my niece Kate and then Amys flowers and then Sam and Amy- the newlyweds. Now I just call them Samy for short :)





3 comments:

Kar said...

Gorgeous. Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Lara said...

I love your neices. So cute. And yay AMY! It's finally done!

Anneke said...

I haven't read your blog forever i guess... You have way to many funny experiences - every day! Man, my life seems boring. But I do have cute kids. Great pics!