Photobucket

12.13.2007

Okay I have to just say that you have to know before reading this, that I am not meaning in a mean way AT. ALL! It was just such a funny conversation (funny meaning awkward funny) that I had to share. It actually happened like 2 months ago and I wrote it all down because I had enjoyed it so much. And honestly- I have talked to this kid quite a few times and he's a nice kid- but I just have to type how he talks so you get the full jist. (i dont know how to spell that word) Anyway- there is a cafe/cafeteria/food court thing at my work and I went and ordered a chicken sandwich and ended up having a 5-10 min conversation (before he even started to make my food,come to find out) with the guy making my food.....here goes.

His words- Green
Mine- Blue
Tone things were said in- Red

Him: "What can I getcha"
Me: "I just want a grilled chicken sandwich, and can I get some provolone cheese on that please?"
Him: "PROVOLOOONAY!!!!!!!"
**Immensely Startled ** : "OH! Oh my."
"Do you want lettuce on it too?"
"Yes Please"
Silence....
"My Phone is winging" ..what are the odds..thats so funny.
"oh"
"I have a Blackbewwy"
"oh, those are nice"
"Yeah..its WEEALLY nice"
"yeah, i would love one"
"I have it hooked up to my email at my pawents house. So if I get an email there it comes wight to my phone." ...im too dang cool for school. in fact, i probably am too cool to talk to you
"Oh thats awesome"
"Yeah. (pause) I bet that was an email I just got. I pwobably have like THWEEEE emails now" ....NOONE in the world possibly gets THAT many emails on THEIR phones....
"Wow- that's really nice they come right to your phone"
"Yeah." "I wish i was outside widing my bike wight now." ...looking longingly outside
"It IS a really nice day." ....oh! i didnt realize we were going to be switching subjects so abruptly
"Yeah. I have a WEALLY nice bike. I keep it at my pawent's house." ..i am SO wise for making the decision to keep it safe at my parents.
"That's probably a good idea- its safer there than at an apartment."
"Yeah. So where you work" ..oh maybe we should talk about you while we wait for your food
"I work for AT&T"
"OOOOOOOOOOH!!!!! I USED to have AT&T. But I switched to T-Mobile because they had a gweat deal on Blackbewwys." ...i HATE to have to tell you I'm not with AT&T anymore...OUCH..BURN!
"Ahh. Very nice."
Minutes of silence. Both of us just standing.
"Oh Sowwy."
"Sorry for what??"
"I forgot to start cooking your chicken."

Ahhh...good times. I had seen him get OUT the chicken- but i didnt even notice he hadn't done anything with it. it was just too great. the whole conversation and the awkward silence with us just standing there. too fun.

10 comments:

Jarubla said...

I rememebr that guy. He has glasses and kinda long neck hair right? I mean, really long neck hair. Like get a hair net long neck hair.

He seems nice

-Jay

ANDREA said...

i dont remember if he has glasses- blonde hair- and yes LOTS of neck hair. there may be 2 of them....not sure.

ANDREA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kar said...

Love it! I work with a guy like that. But he never has a tone. Love him.

Ali said...

The tone in red is RAD. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes people in life are so entertaining...just BEING. What would we do without them? Cute conversation -totally worth the wait, right?

Kaela said...

Great dialogue (sp?)!! I couldn't pronounce my "R's" when I was little... my parents called me their "little new yorker." Did his pronunciation take you back to your mission days?

Lara said...

JD and I want to hug this guy. Sounds way sweet and hilarious.

Jen Jen said...

lol The funniest thing about this story is that I can totally picture your face during the episode! so funny!

Kaela said...

I just tagged you... AGAIN. Sorry, I just love everything you have to say. So, you're it... if you want of course:)

Bethany said...

This whole feast of famine thing is killing me. Vacation, smacation. I need my Smandrea...NOW!!! Merry late Christmas! I lubba you.