Photobucket

12.13.2007

Embarrassing Moment # 3 million 276 thousand

im a doodler by nature- i could doodle my life away if possible. yesterday just before leaving work i wrote down my grocery list on a sheet of paper and then filled the rest of the paper with odds and ends of doodles using my beautiful assortment of markers. when i picked up the paper to put it in my pocket i realized that the markers had bled thru and stained my desk. so now on my desk in block letters it says "I LOVE YOU BRAD". then, where i had just written random thoughts and words, there are dots on my desk. the dots show where i started and stopped a letter- where i put the most pressure. so in all reality- you could connect the dots on my desk and you would reveal words such as "laundry detergent" "groceries" "grocery list" "forever young" "i wanna be forever young".....things of that nature. normal average things to be doodling on a piece of paper.

i don't really know what to do. i scrubbed it as soon as i realized what happened, but to no avail. why do i never think before i do something, its so irritating. there are, luckily, 2 bright sides to this story.

1- i guess my love for Brad will always be known though.

2- i left work frazzled and upset, but when I got in the car Rythym is a Dancer was on the radio and all my frustrations melted away.

6 comments:

Kar said...

It's a good thing that people know you need laundry detergent. With my luck I would have forever written on my desk that I needed tampons.

ANDREA said...

SOO true kara! i guess i didnt think of that. you are wise beyond your years my friend.

Kaela said...

I would bring my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser just in case... he has done miracles for the table in nursery. If that doesn't work though, I've seen worse, like the time I was in Sunday School when I was a teen and a boy was actually carving his name into the piano bench.... at least you didn't mean to leave a permanent impression:)

ANDREA said...

BRILLIANT! i didnt even think of Magic eraser- ive actually never used one, but i hear it really is like magic. i'll give it a whirl.

Bethany said...

When I first started reading, I thought...I want pretty markers for my doodling. Now, I guess it's OK that I have to stick to ballpoint pen. It's not as pretty, but it stays on my grocery list where it belongs. Ha! (I was seriously listing my groceries and doodling just yesterday. So much so, that Kaeson didn't think it was important, and started "coloring" as soon as I put the paper down, which for him means tearing it to shreds with a pen...lovely.)

Douglass Family said...

I love it! Try spraying hairspray on it. It has alcohol in it and will take pen or marker out of almost everything (including cloths). I loved your post ... makes me feel like I am not the only person who does embarrassing things, and you know how often I do have those moments Bay-dawg