Photobucket

1.19.2009

thoughts from the gym

So just got back from the gym. these are my thoughts.

first of all- they put little tvs on every other treadmill - pretty sweet right? not so much. i found out i get motion sick from watching tv so close while walking.

secondly- - - its so interesting...nay...wierd what some people wear to the gym. why do girls that are large in stature- okay FAT- (im fat so i can say that) wear small clothes. short clothes. sleeveless clothes. its not pretty. there was a girl on the treadmill directly in front of me wearing short shorts. oh my. well maybe they started out as decent lengthed shorts- but the more she walked the more daisy duke-ish they became. heaven help me was all i kept thinking.

there was a guy next to me that came to the gym directly from his job as school custodian im guessing. he was wearing a light blue denim-y shirt and wrangler jeans (not tight ones) and custodian-esque shoes. so interesting.

there was a kid there with his dad- he was probably 14, and he was using one of the bikes and was doing a rumikub (or rubix cube- take your pick). that was a first. never seen that one before.

a guy came walking towards me that looked just like jordan knight from new kids on the block!!! but as he got closer the less he looked him. it was so exciting for a second.

then there was one of those muscle head guys that thinks hes Gods gift to earth and as he walks down the aisle he knows all the girls are looking at him so he for no reason other than because he's so into himself- he lifted his shirt a little to expose his abs. GET. OVER YOURSELF. gag

one time there was clearly a temple worker at the gym on the treadmill by me. he had left his long sleeve white shirt on, but had changed from his thick white polyester pants into white sweatpants and had white shoes on. it was hilarious. cute little old man.

okay those are my thoughts. the end.

11 comments:

Crystal said...

HAHA!!! OH MY GOSH!!! I am seriously laughing soo hard right now cause all those are so true. Im suprised you didn't mention the girls that go to the gym looking like they are going to the PROM or something, with all their make up freshly put on. Aren't you just gonna sweat that all off? WEIRD! Thanks for the good laugh!!Oh and I have learned closing your eyes on the treamill isn't the best thing to do either, cause had closed my eyes (cause I was dying in pain) Then I opened my eyes and I was running on the edge and FELL RIGHT OFF in a matter of a SECOND.

Lara said...

Not to sound critical or anything, but you said the kid was working on a rumicub. I assume you meant rubix-cube, cause how can you work on a game with a tray and a plethera of letters whilst on a bike?
The answer to that, ladies and gentlemen, is that you can't. So I'm going to have to disregard this post entirely.

Bethany said...

Thank you thank you. See, I don't even have to go to a gym. I can just read your report and feel like I was there. Oh, except the whole workout part, but that's over rated right?

Nancy said...

Andrea, I know I can count on you for a good laugh. I to feel like I have been to the gym today. Thanks for the workout, I'm sure I burned a few calories laughing.
Oh, and I'm proud of you. Thanks to you I seriously MIGHT get on my treadmill today. :)

Wakefield Family said...

I love the thought! I think that it would be so funny if I wore a belly shirt to the Gym. When I even think of that I say yuck but also White trash.

ANDREA said...

lara- no he was playing rummikub... the board game- it might have even been the deluxe version- hard to tell. OK FINE- it was a rubix cube. i knew something sounded wierd when i wrote it- but i thought it was my spelling- which was also off.

crap.

ANDREA said...

crystal- you are soo right- how did i forget about all the homecoming queens! some of them look like they just went and got an updo and had their eyebrows waxed and their makeup professionally done. its just strange.

beth- yeah- dont wear a belly shirt please. :)

and to all my other homies- im glad i could either make you laugh or feel motivated to get on your own treadmill. i aim to please.

Kristy said...

Um, this was the funniest thing I've read in awhile. Classic Smandrea!

Merri Hackett said...

ha ha oh how I love the crazies at the gymbo! :)

Anneke said...

And that's exactly why I DON'T go to the gym... don't want to risk being influenced by the craziness. Makes sense, right?

Anneke said...

Oh, forgot to share that I got flutters in my tummy when you mentioned you saw Jordan Knight. At least he looked like him from a distance... maybe you could just ask him to stay back a few feet.